This section of Sonar Curriculum allows staff to create their own, bespoke Units of Learning using the Sonar Curriculum standardised objectives.
How to create your Units of Learning
- Hover over the Map Maker option in the Navigation (top right)
- Select Map Maker
- Select your year group e.g. Year 1
- Select Units of Learning
- Over on the right, enter your unit title (e.g. Holidays) in the text box labelled Your Map Name
- Then click on the Synopsis text box and write your own synopsis for this unit. You can also copy and paste text from other documents
- Over on the left, you will see a tab labelled Objectives. Click on the subjects you are covering in this unit and the strands will drop down. These are colour-coded to match the Subject Overviews.
- Select the strand and you will see all the standardised objectives for your selected year group.
- To add an objective into your map, just click on it. It will then move to the right of your screen.
- If you have selected one by mistake, just click it on the right of your screen and it will remove from your map.
- Once you have selected all the objectives you need, you can then write a learning sequence for each curriculum area by clicking on Learning Sequences.
- As you click on each curriculum area, you have a text box to write in. You can also copy and paste text from other documents.
- Once you have setup your Unit of Learning, click Save Map at the bottom.
When this has saved you can then generate and download the PDF by clicking the button at the bottom.
You can go back into the map at any point to update / edit / delete as needed by clicking on My Units of Learning under the Map Maker tab in the Navigation bar. Maps are arranged by year group.